Thursday 30 March 2017

Rio Ferdinand Breaks Down In Tears As He Reveals His Children Saved Him After Their Mum Died


Rio Ferdinand broke down as he opened up on coming to terms with losing his wife Rebecca to breast cancer in May 2015. The 38-year-old England football player confessed his three children saved him from killing himself, after she suddenly died.

Speaking in his documentary Rio Ferdinand: Being Mum and Dad, Rio explained how he put his sadness "into a box". He added: "I don't like sitting in my house for days, you start going crazy.

"I would read papers, and see people who commit suicide and wonder how. "But there were times at beginning, you kinda know how they feel. "But when I look at my three kids, I couldn't do that to them."
He added: "I'm not saying I've thought about it, but you sink into this place, and I'm lucky with the people I have around me; family and friends."

Rio later cried again, as he revealed how worried he is about his sons.

He explained: "I just can't get nothing out of the two boys. I want them to talk, not to give me something but I just don't know how they feel.

"I want to find some way where they can just express themselves a bit more.

"They haven't started talking, they talk about memories, but not feelings.

"I know it's alright to cry, I sit in bed and cry, but talking about those feelings is more painful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anti-IPOB Protesters Take Case To American Embassy (Photos)

Members of Stand Up for Peace Movement have gone on a protest in Abuja on Thursday, in reaction to America’s stand that IPOB is not a t...