Saturday 3 September 2016

Pictured! Saudi-Bound Nigerian Pilgrim Excretes 76 Cocaine Wraps


The eagle eye of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), caught a drug baron, who thought she could use the excuse of going to Medina, Saudi Arabia, to perform the annual pilgrimage, for drug smuggling.

Bisira Binuyo, 55, was arrested for testing positive to narcotic ingestion at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

The NDLEA said in a statement, Friday, that she was arrested during the outward screening of passengers on an Emirate flight to Medina through Dubai.

“She has so far excreted 76 pellets of drugs that tested positive for cocaine,” said Hamisu Lawan, NDLEA commander at the Abuja Airport.


“Meanwhile, she is still under observation until the drugs are completely expelled.”

Mrs. Binuyo, who hails from Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State and  is married with three children, is a trader at Dosumu market, Lagos.

She said she needed more money to expand her business was the reason she decided to traffic drug.

“I wanted to expand my cosmetic business but I have no money,” she said.

“My sponsor offered to foot my expenses to Saudi on pilgrimage. I was excited until I was asked to take drugs along.

“I wanted to decline but considering the offer of a million naira, I accepted. I swallowed the drugs in Lagos and took flight to Abuja on my way to Medina but I was caught in the process.”

The agency also said it arrested one Henry Okpalanem, a 37-year-old father of three, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, who had inserted seven wraps of cocaine weighing 355 grammes into his annus on his way to China.

Ahmadu Garba, NDLEA commander at the Lagos Airport, said the suspect, who hails from Imo State, holds a dual citizenship of Nigeria and Mali.

“The name on his passport is Diara Sauduo while his Nigerian name is Okpalanem Henry,” said Mr. Garba. “The case is under investigation.”

“I know that there is capital punishment for drug trafficking in China but I was optimistic of safe passage.

“Unfortunately, I was caught with only seven wraps. Maybe that is my destiny”, Okpalanem told NDLEA investigators without remorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anti-IPOB Protesters Take Case To American Embassy (Photos)

Members of Stand Up for Peace Movement have gone on a protest in Abuja on Thursday, in reaction to America’s stand that IPOB is not a t...